There’s so much choice when choosing to install a brand new structure and living space for your home, that it can be quite overwhelming. The initial decision of choosing between a conservatory or an orangery is one that obviously will guide you into the others. With this in mind, here is a simple guide to everything you need to know about both!
There is no wrong answer
No matter which extension you opt for, a conservatory or orangery from Win-Dor will help grace your home with an elegant and stylish area of living space that is ripe to be used all year round. Win-Dor conservatories and orangeries are all built from the ground up, designed to deliver optimal function whilst offering excellent aesthetics.
Whereas with a conservatory there is already a pre-set range of styles to choose from, all varying in different shapes and sizes. Orangeries can be customised to any shape you feel will best suit your home. Being tailored to your specific needs. Despite this both options let in mass amounts of light thanks to their use of various glass panels, letting you choose the desired amounts of ventilation for both.
Both options act as an ideal way to extend your home, being fully customisable in terms of shape, size and colour. Choosing to construct either choice allows you to have a mass amount of creative control, ensuring you end up with a living space you’ll be happy using well into the future.
- Adds value to your property
- Lets in lashes of natural light
- Allows you to enjoy your garden whilst remaining warm
- Over 7 different styles on offer from Win-Dor from Gable to Victorian
- High quality, energy efficient glazing
- Fully customisable to your needs
- Design usually not in keeping with home
- High carbon footprint
- 60% of conservatories need planning permission
- Brick built foundation allows for heavier roof
- More in keeping with current home’s aesthetic
- Stylish living space that combines the best of both worlds
- Extra living space for contemporary living
- Can incorporate however much glass you like
- Increased warmth to enjoy all year round
- Orangeries typically more expensive
- Still separated from the house despite brick work
- Does not let in as much light as conservatories
Home extension experts for homes throughout the South East
Win-Dor can help you achieve your ideal home extension, bringing you closer to your garden whilst also adding space to your home. We have been providing the homeowners of Bicester, Northampton and Milton Keynes with high quality conservatories and orangeries since 1978.
If you want to benefit from the advantages either a conservatory or orangery has to offer, contact us here today!