So, you’re planning on improving your home and have been researching the market to find the ideal way to extend your home. With such a range of options to choose from there are a few unfamiliar terms you’ve stumbled upon and need clarification on, e.g. What is a 3 season room? …
At Win-Dor we get asked this question quite often, so we thought we’d take a minute to offer an explanation. Helping you decide once and for all whether a 3-season or 4-season room is what you’re after!
If you live in a temperate climate then the functionality of 3 season and 4 season rooms can be quite similar. However, there are noticeable differences;
3 Season Rooms
• Heat cannot be regulated in Winter months
• Build to be used in Summer months
• Minimal energy efficient qualities
• Typically a screened porch with retractable windows/sliding panels
• Create the feel of a Sunroom without extra installations and added expense
• Can be constructed quicker that a 4 Season Room
• 10 Creative Ideas for Decorating Your 3-Season Room
4 Season Rooms
• Superior insulated glass retains heat in colder months
• Reduces heat and ultraviolet rays from entering in warmer months
• Provides an additional living space, so it can be used all year round
• Real potential to increase property value
• Extra cost involved in comparison to a 3 Season Room
• Will take longer to construct in comparison to a 3 Season Room
• 10 Decorating Ideas That’ll Brighten Up Your 4 Season Room
At the moment, Victorian style conservatories are the most popular style of conservatory; offering a versatile choice for numerous house styles. Why not have a browse through the vast collection of Conservatory styles offered by Win-Dor?
We hope we’ve helped you make an educated decision on what’s best for you and your home. But if you’d like to discuss 3 season or 4 season rooms in more depth, then please get in touch with the Win-Dor Team today. We look forward to hearing from you!